Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Gratitude


[image source]

Not much to offer you --
just a lotus flower floating
In a small jar of water.

~ Ryokan

Today I am grateful for the wisdom of those who have laid the path I attempt to follow. Another blogger recently asked about how we define the sangha, and I am coming to see the sangha as the entire body of Buddhist people -- past, present, and future. I don't attend any local sanghas due to scheduling issues, so all the scholars and writers who have come before me are my sangha, as are the current writers, teachers, and bloggers who share their wisdom, their struggles, their heart with the rest of us.

I am incredibly grateful to be a part of such a vast and diverse sangha.

I am also grateful for the ability to embed video in this blog -- and for air conditioning.

What are you grateful for?


Technorati Tags: , , , ,
Del.Icio.Us Tags: , , , ,

No comments: