Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Middle East Is Exploding . . .

. . . and Integral-land only cares about Wilber's use of the word "simply." So says Colmar. He is calling out the integral blogosphere for ignoring what might possibly be WWIII or WWIV, depending on who you talk to. Matthew Dallman is the exception here, as he has posted a very intelligent and non-pc piece on the topic.

This is a tough issue for me. I want to avoid politics as much as possible, but as I pointed out a few minutes ago, we can't escape suffering.

I'm torn on this issue. I think both sides are pretty screwed up. Clearly this new crisis was not initiated by Israel, but my conspiracy theory loving friends think the CIA paid Hizbullah a bunch of money to start this latest episode as a covert way to create more of a justification for war with Iran. Gotta love the conspiracy guys for thier creativity.

This stuff goes way back. So in order to give a more cogent response, I need to do some reading. Maybe in the next few days I'll have something to say about this, maybe not. I'm hesitant to get back into political stuff.


Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

No comments: