Sunday, December 31, 2006

The Year that Was 2006

This will probably be my last post for 2006, so I figured I'd take a look at some of the lessons I learned this year. Because most of my life makes it into this blog, there are posts for most of these.

I do want to note that in January of this year, IOC barely had more than a 1,000 visitors. This month, which is generally one of the slowest of the year, IOC will have over 5,100 visitors. Thanks to all of you who read this blog.

Some things I learned this year:

~ Zaadz is a great community.
~ Ken Wilber is not the whole of integral theory, although he is certainly its central figure.
~ Therapy is hard and I loved it.
~ Feeling small has its merits.
~ Being grateful makes life a lot more meaningful.
~ Working with my subs is hard, but rewarding.
~ Ending my political blog was a great decision.
~ My goal in life is still to get as undone as possible, as often as possible.
~ It's okay to need someone.
~ My experience of The Narrows was the beginning of the end of many things this year.
~ The Inner Critic is a tough master.
~ Not everything is my fault.
~ I am a Solitary Personality Type -- which makes intimate relationships very hard.
~ I like to read and think about poetry.
~ The last one isn't really news, just something I had lost touch with. Curating Elegant Thorn Review has helped me remember how much I love poetry.
~ Christmas doesn't suck.
~ I like to watch and write about film -- I sort of knew this, but had forgotten it.

I'd like to wish everyone a happy and growthful new year!



2 comments:

Steve said...

Bill--
Your post has inspired me to take stock of my own experiences and lessons learned this year, even if I don't blog about them.

Congratulations on your growing readership. Not bad for a "wacky New Age blog." :-) The plain fact is, you deserve every one of those thousands of hits each month and many, many more. Your blog is my favorite blog of all hands down.

Have a wonderful new year, Bill.
--Steve

william harryman said...

Thanks Steve, much appreciated.

A wonderful new year to you as well, my friend.
Bill