Monday, April 02, 2007

Edward O. Wilson on Death, Free Will, Evolution, Religion...

I've always liked Edward Wilson, even when I don't agree with him. He seems to me to be one of the most thoughtful, even-minded, compassionate advocates for science that we have.

This is a fascinating discussion. He covers evolutionary psychology, religion, god, consciousness, and a whole lot more. One of the interesting statements from him is that religion is an incredibly adaptive human behavior that was undoubtedly part of our evolutionary survival strategies.

I might be wrong, but I think he is working at an integral level with probably no idea who Ken Wilber might be. I take this as proof that -- as important as Wilber has been -- the integral paradigm transcends the Wilberian approach.


Via: VideoSift


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome video; thank you for posting it.

I'm in the middle of reading Consilience right now. Wilson is very articulate and intelligent (for my tastes, I'll take Wilson over Wilber any day).