Thursday, January 17, 2008

Pick Your 2008 Candidate For President

I took this little quiz and it turns out that Mike Gravel, the nut-job from Alaska, is my ideal candidate. I must admit that I liked him, although he never had a snowball's chance in Tucson of getting the nomination. I like Kucinich, too, but alas, he's unelectable. So it's Obama for me.

I'm apparently a flaming liberal.

90% Mike Gravel
90% Dennis Kucinich
87% Chris Dodd
84% Barack Obama
83% John Edwards
83% Hillary Clinton
80% Joe Biden
75% Bill Richardson
37% Rudy Giuliani
24% John McCain
23% Ron Paul
18% Mike Huckabee
18% Tom Tancredo
16% Mitt Romney
7% Fred Thompson

2008 Presidential Candidate Matching Quiz


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And if we are happy to reduce politics to the level of "I must vote for the person that professes to have the closest opinion to my own", then you are probably right.

But since this is an Integral inspired blog, I need to point out that that quiz completely ignores questions of the problem of the two-party duopoly that completely ignores fundamental issues (LR), does not address assessment of individual character and integrity of candidates (UL), nor does it think to question whether the faith in a democracy where "Thou shalt not steal, except by majority vote" is accepted is in fact moral or just (even if it is utilitarian in the short term - LL).

I hope we can all look at things a much deeper than this quiz does! As students of Integral it is in fact our responsibility to do so.

I also want to say that if you are a "flaming liberal" and proud of it, AND have never considered the virtues of the "conservative" point of view on things vs. the "progressive" caricature of it (I am definitely not saying the vice versa does not exist. Also this is the only post of yours that I have read so I can't assume this is the case, but nevertheless), then I ask you to please, for the sake of Integral understanding, to look again. I respect Mike Gravel greatly in this regard, despite his crotchety "nut-job"iness.

Anonymous said...

Hello again,

Way cool, just ran into an article that explains much better what I am trying to say:

http://www.edge.org/3rd_culture/haidt08/haidt08_index.html

Please take the time to check it out!