Sunday, August 17, 2008

Humor - The Church of Oprah Exposed

This has been around for a while, but I find it entertaining to see the authoritarian mythic worldview in confrontation with the egalitarian, relativist worldview. The culture war rages on. I find a bit of humor in this, maybe as a defense against the frustration.



The interesting thing with Eckhart Tolle is that he is less New Age and more trans-personal, and they still hate him because he denies authoritarian Christianity as the one true path. Much of what Tolle teaches is not far out of line with the Christian mystics. But in the limited view of the people who made this video, you either believe what they believe or you are going to hell.


1 comment:

GwMcKay said...

LOL. yeah, I know, I was part of the whole Christian Charismatic movement and I know how my fellow Christians think. They (I used) tend to hate everything that Challenges the "One True Belief" even when one shows and prove that traditional Christian worldview is based on more myth then absolute truth

Nice Post!