Friday, June 03, 2011

Duane Elgin - The Living Universe (video interview)

The other day I posted an article from AOL/Huffington Post - Science and Spirit Converge in the Now - posted in support of The Living Universe: Where are We? Who are We? Where are We Going? the newest book by Duane Elgin.

Since then, I have found a lot more material, including three more blog posts from Huff Po, where he has only recently become a regular blogger:

Why We Need to Believe in a Living Universe

Consciously Recognizing Ourselves Before We Die

The Last Taboo on Television

There was a video in the "Science and Spirit" article from Huffington Post, but this is a longer interview format (with Richard Rathbun, president and CEO of the Foundation for Global Community/Global MindShift) that I wanted to offer it up by itself (in 2 parts).




I'm agnostic about his perspective - I have experienced that oneness he talks about with nature, with the life force, the feeling that all things are interconnected and interdependent.

I like his integral understanding of a vertical (creation) and horizontal (unfolding) aspects to the evolution of the universe - this is definitely in tune with AQAL theory.

But I have a hard time believing we are "special" in the vastness of the universe. I have a hard time with the "conscious universe" perspective, even though it's one I used to call my own. But now it's a little more anthropic than I can grasp. Maybe that says more about me than it does about the universe?!

But in the words of Mulder, "I want to believe." So I will read his book (of which he has been so kind as to send me a review copy), with an open mind and see what happens.


1 comment:

Steve said...

Thanks for the videos, William. I look forward to your review. I still marvel at how you find the time to do all of this, and thank my lucky stars that you do.